Challenges and Promises of Quality Assurance in Theological Education: Multicontextual and Ecumenical Inquires – By WOCATI
With essays by: David Esterline, Dietrich Werner, Isabel Apawo Phiri, John Gichimu, Lester Edwin J. Ruiz, Namsoon Kang, Petros Vassiliadis, Priscille Djomhoue, Ravi Tiwari, Reinhold Bernhardt, and Simon K. Dossou.
Published by WOCATI on (March 9, 2013)
This book is a collection of presentation papers from various regions. We hope that this collection of the consultation papers can be helpful in promoting academic, professional, and ecumenical conversations between and among associations from different contexts and in helping us thoroughly reconsider the role of associations of theological schools in assessing and
promoting the quality of theological education.
The WOCATI (World Conference of Associations of Theological Institutions), the global platform for dialogue and networking between regional associations of theological schools, was established in 1989 with its inaugural meeting at Kaliurang, Yogyakarta, Indonesia, June 19, 1989. WOCATI intends the followings:
- To provide an established and continuing dialogue forum;
- To serve as a network to promote relations of member associations;,
- To serve as a platform for dialogue on the quality standards of theological education and the excellency of theological research;
- To serve as an international quality assurance agency;
- To serve as a community of learning for exploring new models of intercontextual exchange and mutual enrichment between different contextual theologies around the world;
- To serve as an advocate for exploring new ways of global resource sharing in the area of theological education and to identify new resources for the development of the global nature and contextual implications of theological education.
- Namsoon Kang, is President of WOCATI and Professor of World Christianity and Religions at Brite Divinity School, Texas Christian University, USA.
John Gichimu, is the Programmes Coordinator for Theology and Ministerial Formation at Organization of Africa Instituted Churches (OAIC), Africa.
Ravi Tiwari, since 2004, is Registrar, Senate of Serampore College (University), India.
Reinhold Bernhardt, is Professor of Systematic Theology / Dogmatics at the University of Basel, Switzerland.
Petros Vassiliadis, is Honorary President of the Advisory Group of WOCATI and Professor of New Testament in the Department of Theology at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
David Esterline, is the Director of the Institute for Cross-Cultural Theological Education and Associate Professor of Cross-Cultural Education and Ministry at McCormick Theological Seminary, USA.
Dietrich Werner, is a WOCATI consultant and currently Program Coordinator for Ecumenical Theological Education (ETE) at World Council of Churches (WCC), Switzerland.
Priscille Djomhoue, is a staff member of the Global Institute of Theology (GIT) World Alliance of Reformed Churches, Africa.
Simon K. Dossou, is the Director of Department of Theology, Ecumenical & InterfaithRelations, All Africa Conference of Churches (AACC), Africa.
Lester Edwin J. Ruiz, is is the director, Accreditation and Institutional Evaluation of ATS (Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada), USA.
- Isabel Apawo Phiri, is an executive member of WOCATI and new associate general secretary of the World Council of Churches, South Africa.